We’ve made some good progress again but Im entirely behind once again. The last week or so has been crazy with travel and other things so I haven’t has as much time as I had hoped to work on things. Despite this, my awesome wife helped me get the large wall done…
Im really pleased with how that’s turning out and Im anxious to get the top trim on it. I also started work on the second set of cabinets…
These were a pain just because of the angles. Im still sorting out how to do the sliding doors as well. Im hoping that when I get home this week I can finish the cabinets and this side of the garage entirely. Then I can move onto the other side once the weekend starts. Lots to do but I think I can at least get close to finishing by the end of the month if I can really get moving on things.
2 Comments Add yours
I have not seen the word visqueen (sp) anywhere. It is applied floor to ceiling , stud, to stud, and over the walls and ceiling, creating a tight seal. It is a plastic sheeting which is tacked over the studs of the walls and the ceiling prior to the application of the drywall to the walls and the ceiling. It blocks moisture from getting through the plastic to the drywall and – over time – causing mold. ……………… if you didn’t use it Jon , you will have problems with mold in a cuuple of years, starting along the floor. and along the ceiling.
Love , Dad
The drywall was already up so I didnt need to do anything about vapor barrier. Im assuming (hoping) the people that built house had some put up before the drywall 🙂